August 15, 2016 / More →
Congratulations are in order for Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell. Their award-winning March trilogy has struck another milestone, as March: Book Three makes its debut appearance on the New York Times Bestseller List at #1.
In fact, the entire trilogy takes the top three slots, while March: Book One celebrates a full year of Bestseller status with its 52nd week on the charts, coming full circle from its own #1 debut.
In the wake of Book Three's release, demand for March has been staggering, selling out multiple printings. For several days in a row, each of the three volumes of March outsold every other book in America aside from J.K. Rowling's new Harry Potter adventure.
This triple-bestseller status is only the latest in a string of recent honors for March, the three-volume graphic novel memoir which brings the history of the civil rights movement to urgent new life through the eyes of John Lewis. In May, the nation's largest public school system, New York City Schools, announced the addition of March to their official "Passport to Social Studies" curriculum. A few weeks ago at Comic-Con, the authors accepted an Eisner Award (often called "the Oscars of comics") and led a commemorative "children's march" joined by hundreds of students and readers, with Congressman Lewis in "cosplay" as his younger self complete with trench coat and backpack. A recent New York Times article profiled the series' phenomenal success and its real-world impact on students across the country — including young activists who are being inspired by March to take up the mission of nonviolent protest in their own communities.
At last, the March trilogy is complete — but as Congressman Lewis reminds us, the march continues.
August 3, 2016 / More →
Thanks to years of support from readers, teachers, students, librarians, retailers, and more — and a cresting wave of publicity including Rachel Maddow's impassioned testimonial to the power of these comics — we are stunned and extremely proud to announce that, according to retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Powell's Books, the entire March trilogy is currently outselling every book in America that isn't the brand-new Harry Potter book.
Celebrate with Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell by picking up March: Book Three from your favorite retailer today!
August 2, 2016 / More →
More than five years after the project was first announced, Top Shelf Productions is honored to reach a new milestone this week with the third and final volume of March, the award-winning and #1 bestselling graphic novel trilogy by Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell.
As the New York Times reports this morning, March has become a groundbreaking phenomenon, reaching classrooms across America and inspiring hundreds of thousands of readers with the story of John Lewis and the power of nonviolence.
Now, in the wake of the March team's recent Eisner Award and "Children's March" at Comic-Con, the trilogy comes to an incredible conclusion with March: Book Three, called by the Washington Post "sublime… an achievement on many fronts."
The early reviews are staggering:
- "March is one of the most important graphic novels ever created — an extraordinary presentation of an extraordinary life, and proof that young people can change the world. I'm stunned by the power of these comics, and grateful that Congressman Lewis's story will enlighten and inspire future generations of readers and leaders." — Raina Telgemeier
- "This memoir's unique eyewitness view of epochal events makes it essential reading for an understanding of those times—and these." — Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
- "A stirring call to action that’s particularly timely in this election year, and one that will resonate and empower young readers in particular. Essential reading." — Booklist (starred review)
- "Simultaneously epic and intimate... These vivid black-and-white visuals soar." — School Library Journal (starred review)
Pick up March: Book Three today... and don't miss the entire MARCH team on The Rachel Maddow Show, tonight on MSNBC at 9pm!
August 2, 2016 / More →
Along with this week's debut of March: Book Three, we're also pleased to offer copies of all the deluxe signed & numbered editions launched at Comic-Con! These gorgeous limited-edition volumes are only available through Top Shelf / IDW, while supplies last — so don't miss your chance.
- March: Book Three by Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, & Nate Powell (deluxe hardcover edition with signed & numbered bookplate sewn into the binding — signed by all 3 creators and limited to 500 copies)
- Bacchus (Omnibus Edition): Volume Two by Eddie Campbell (deluxe hardcover edition with signed & numbered bookplate sewn into the binding — limited to 300 copies)
- The Underwater Welder by Jeff Lemire (deluxe hardcover edition with ribbon bookmark and signed & numbered bookplate sewn into the binding — limited to 300 copies)
- Eddie Campbell's Omnibox: The Complete Alec and Bacchus (3-volume slipcase with signed & numbered loose bookplate — limited to 25 copies)
Order now while supplies last!
July 15, 2016 / More →
San Diego Comic-Con 2016 is nearly upon us — and it's an enormous show for Top Shelf this year! For the first time, we'll be exhibiting in the prime real estate of the IDW Publishing booth (#2743), so look for the Top Shelf zone there!
And we'll have an absolutely stellar lineup of featured authors and debut books:
• Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, & Nate Powell (Eisner nominees, debuting March: Book Three, also available in hardcover as well as a signed & numbered limited edition hardcover — and leading a children's march on Saturday morning!)
• Jennifer Hayden (Special guest of the show and Eisner nominee for The Story of My Tits)
• Troy Little (Eisner nominee for Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)
• Eddie Campbell (Debuting Bacchus (Omnibus Edition): Volume Two, also available in a signed & numbered limited edition hardcover, as well as Eddie Campbell's Omnibox)
• Benjamin Frisch (The Fun Family)
• Steve Nedvidek, Ed Crowell, Jack Lowe, Moses Nester, & S.J Miller (The Jekyll Island Chronicles)
• Mark Russell & Shannon Wheeler (God Is Disappointed in You, Apocrypha Now, and the God/Apocrypha Slipcase Set)
• Koren Shadmi (Love Addict: Confessions of a Serial Dater)
Plus the stunning new hardcover edition of Jeff Lemire's The Underwater Welder (also available in a signed & numbered limited edition)
In addition to official signing sessions at the IDW Signing Area (schedule here), the above authors will be holding additional signings in the Top Shelf zone on a rotating basis throughout the show. Come say hello — at booth #2743!
Read on to find details on the our can't-miss programming at the show:
Read More →