Ever since we first began selling digital editions of our books in 2011, Top Shelf has embraced digital distribution wholeheartedly. We’ve presented an unmatched library of award-winning and fan-favorite graphic novels on multiple platforms, working with digital partners to offer readers a remarkable degree of choice, while keeping digital prices substantially lower than print.
And since our printed books are so handsomely designed, we know that offering you affordable and convenient e-books doesn’t stop you from craving the print edition for your bookshelf — on the contrary, the two formats complement each other.
Fans evidently agree! You've responded to our digital offerings with great enthusiasm, downloading Top Shelf comics by the thousands from excellent vendors like Comixology, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks, Kobo, BN Nook, and more, while continuing to shop for your favorites in printed format from your favorite retailers.
Today, we’re launching a new program that gives digital readers even more options. In addition to selling through our digital partners, select titles are now available in DRM-free digital editions directly from our online store at www.topshelfcomix.com! Using this DRM-free option allows you to download your purchase as a simple PDF, ePub, or CBZ file -- yours to keep, back up, or transfer to mobile devices.
What’s more, this new direct-download option allows us to launch another great feature: add-on pricing. Starting today, customers who order select titles from the www.topshelfcomix.com online store can purchase both print and digital editions at the same time, for a substantial savings! For example, Jeff Lemire’s The Underwater Welder is priced at $19.95 print and $6.99 digital, but now when ordering the print edition, it’s only $2.99 extra to add on the digital edition. One for home and one for the road? One for you and one for your sweetie? The choice is yours, with add-on pricing!
Top Shelf’s new DRM-free ebook program launches with the following titles:
- March: Book One by Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell ($7.99 digital, $1.99 with print purchase)
- Heck by Zander Cannon ($9.99 digital, $2.99 with print purchase)
- Crater XV by Kevin Cannon ($9.99 digital, $2.99 with print purchase)
- The Underwater Welder by Jeff Lemire ($6.99 digital, $2.99 with print purchase)
- God Is Disappointed in You by Mark Russell & Shannon Wheeler ($9.99 digital, $1.99 with print purchase)
- Chester 5000 by Jess Fink ($5.99 digital, $1.99 with print purchase)
- We Can Fix It by Jess Fink ($6.99 digital, $1.99 with print purchase)
- The Surrogates (vol. 1) by Robert Venditti & Brett Weldele ($5.99 digital, $1.99 with print purchase)
- The Surrogates (vol. 2): Flesh and Bone by Robert Venditti & Brett Weldele ($5.99 digital, $1.99 with print purchase)
- Swallow Me Whole by Nate Powell ($9.99 digital, $2.99 with print purchase)
- Will You Still Love Me If I Wet the Bed? by Liz Prince ($3.99 digital, $0.99 with print purchase)
Also, the following digital-exclusive titles are now available DRM-free:
Thanks as always for your support. Let’s explore the future of comics… together!