Mini-comic fan favorite, Jennifer Daydreamer, cracks her world open a bit more for this exciting new series of stand-alone books from Top Shelf. Her complete fantasy universe, called Encephalon, is akin to a dreamier Wizard of Oz or a hallucinatory Harry Potter. Daydreamer has spent nearly three years studying symbols, fairy tales, schizophrenia and the various natures of reality in preparation for this new series. ... In this first volume, Oliver, there are three intertwined stories set in Jennifer's unique quirky landscape that feature the psychic Circus Zazel, bratty angels, thoughts that walk around, and the title character Oliver, a small pre-pubescent boy in a devil costume. Jennifer's drawings are dense, lush and almost vibrate off the page. Don't miss this exciting full-scale debut by this wholly unique artist. -- 60 pages, Diamond: NOV022770
Written by Steve Nedvidek, Ed Crowell, & Jack Lowe. Illustrated by Moses Nester, with colors by S. J. Miller.
Recent News RSS
- MARCH, FEAR AND LOATHING, and THE STORY OF MY TITS Land Five Eisner Nominations! April 19, 2016
- From their (broken) home to yours: Welcome to THE FUN FAMILY. April 14, 2016
- Pre-order now: the divine second half of Eddie Campbell's epic BACCHUS! April 14, 2016
- The Son Rises in the West... as APOCRYPHA NOW hits Emerald City Comicon! April 5, 2016
- MARCH Wins Awards from Street Lit & Indie Comic Communities! March 30, 2016