As Alan Moore fans are well aware, Mr. Moore is not usually one for the public spotlight. In fact, the most commonly seen photo of Alan is the same one originally used for the back cover of Watchmen -- taken almost 20 years ago! Last year, José Villarrubia conducted a long photo session with Alan Moore at his home in Northampton, and from that exquisite batch, Top Shelf presents the first ever, official portrait of Alan Moore. José, the master digital artist and photographer (for books like the Eisner-nominated Veils and Promethea), and Eisner-nominated colorist (Fantastic Four: 1234, Sentry, Hellshock and Cage), beautifully captures the essence of Alan in this striking image suitable for framing.
Recent News RSS
- Top Shelf Tackles TCAF 2016! May 13, 2016
- Civil Rights Icon John Lewis Brings Graphic Novel Education to NYC Schools! May 5, 2016
- Coming in July: LOVE ADDICT and a Hardcover UNDERWATER WELDER! May 4, 2016
- MARCH, FEAR AND LOATHING, and THE STORY OF MY TITS Land Five Eisner Nominations! April 19, 2016
- From their (broken) home to yours: Welcome to THE FUN FAMILY. April 14, 2016