As Alan Moore fans are well aware, Mr. Moore is not usually one for the public spotlight. In fact, the most commonly seen photo of Alan is the same one originally used for the back cover of Watchmen -- taken almost 20 years ago! Last year, José Villarrubia conducted a long photo session with Alan Moore at his home in Northampton, and from that exquisite batch, Top Shelf presents the first ever, official portrait of Alan Moore. José, the master digital artist and photographer (for books like the Eisner-nominated Veils and Promethea), and Eisner-nominated colorist (Fantastic Four: 1234, Sentry, Hellshock and Cage), beautifully captures the essence of Alan in this striking image suitable for framing.
by Aaron Renier
Recent News RSS
- MARCH: BOOK THREE makes history by winning National Book Award November 17, 2016
- Lauren Purje knows YOU MIGHT BE AN ARTIST IF... November 1, 2016
- MARCH Adopted by Atlanta Public Schools October 24, 2016
- Christian Slade's KORGI returns! October 20, 2016
- RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN Comes to Top Shelf! October 10, 2016