As Alan Moore fans are well aware, Mr. Moore is not usually one for the public spotlight. In fact, the most commonly seen photo of Alan is the same one originally used for the back cover of Watchmen -- taken almost 20 years ago! Last year, José Villarrubia conducted a long photo session with Alan Moore at his home in Northampton, and from that exquisite batch, Top Shelf presents the first ever, official portrait of Alan Moore. José, the master digital artist and photographer (for books like the Eisner-nominated Veils and Promethea), and Eisner-nominated colorist (Fantastic Four: 1234, Sentry, Hellshock and Cage), beautifully captures the essence of Alan in this striking image suitable for framing.
Recent News RSS
- Happiness Is… Funny Things: A Comic Strip Biography of Charles M. Schulz November 30, 2022
- Awesome new books for kids, teens, & families: out now! October 1, 2022
- 25 years of Top Shelf @ SPX! September 16, 2022
- Three more Top Shelf titles in development for TV! August 12, 2022
- Celebrate with Top Shelf at San Diego Comic-Con! July 21, 2022