Get ready for CBA Reloaded as the two-time Eisner award-winning magazine -- devoted to the celebration of comics both old and new -- is relaunching with a vengeance under the Top Shelf banner! In honor of our revamp, comics legends Neal Adams and Alex Ross team-up for the first time to contribute a brand-spankin' new cover featuring the Man of Steel, as we explore "The Art of Dynamic Realism" in new comprehensive interviews with both artists (spotlighting plenty of rarely-seen and unpublished Ross and Adams art). Plus, CBA continues its exhaustive examinations of comics past, this time with the definitive history of Arcade, The Comics Revue, the seminal 1970s underground comix showcase helmed by Robert Crumb, Art Spiegelman, and Bill Griffith. Also, superb science-fiction author Michael Moorcock discusses the comic book adaptations of his work, as well as on-going four-color collaborations with artist Walter Simonson. While we're at it, let's throw in a Craig Thompson sketchbook, the story behind Tod Holton -- Super Green Beret (!), a 16-page color section, reviews & news, columns by our regular contributors, plus more surprises! -- 128 pages
Written by Steve Nedvidek, Ed Crowell, & Jack Lowe. Illustrated by Moses Nester, with colors by S. J. Miller.
Recent News RSS
- MARCH, FEAR AND LOATHING, and THE STORY OF MY TITS Land Five Eisner Nominations! April 19, 2016
- From their (broken) home to yours: Welcome to THE FUN FAMILY. April 14, 2016
- Pre-order now: the divine second half of Eddie Campbell's epic BACCHUS! April 14, 2016
- The Son Rises in the West... as APOCRYPHA NOW hits Emerald City Comicon! April 5, 2016
- MARCH Wins Awards from Street Lit & Indie Comic Communities! March 30, 2016