An historical novel set in ancient Japan, told with heart and a bellyful of laughs. With his sensitive take on humanity and his completely original artistic vision, Scott Mills' thoughtful tale of early Japan has already proven itself quite popular. ... It has been several thousand years since the end of the last ice age. The waters have warmed and risen, excising great portions of East Asia, while simultaneously creating the cluster of islands we now know as Japan. Across this modest new body of water came many immigrants. Some sought freedom. Some sought fortune. ... When Sun Kim came from Korea to Kyuushuu, the southernmost of the four largest islands of Japan, she was simply looking for a fresh start. ... Complete with panel-by-panel Japanese-language translations, to boot! -- 144 pages.
Written by Steve Nedvidek, Ed Crowell, & Jack Lowe. Illustrated by Moses Nester, with colors by S. J. Miller.
Recent News RSS
- MARCH, FEAR AND LOATHING, and THE STORY OF MY TITS Land Five Eisner Nominations! April 19, 2016
- From their (broken) home to yours: Welcome to THE FUN FAMILY. April 14, 2016
- Pre-order now: the divine second half of Eddie Campbell's epic BACCHUS! April 14, 2016
- The Son Rises in the West... as APOCRYPHA NOW hits Emerald City Comicon! April 5, 2016
- MARCH Wins Awards from Street Lit & Indie Comic Communities! March 30, 2016