As Alan Moore fans are well aware, Mr. Moore is not usually one for the public spotlight. In fact, the most commonly seen photo of Alan is the same one originally used for the back cover of Watchmen -- taken almost 20 years ago! Last year, José Villarrubia conducted a long photo session with Alan Moore at his home in Northampton, and from that exquisite batch, Top Shelf presents the first ever, official portrait of Alan Moore. José, the master digital artist and photographer (for books like the Eisner-nominated Veils and Promethea), and Eisner-nominated colorist (Fantastic Four: 1234, Sentry, Hellshock and Cage), beautifully captures the essence of Alan in this striking image suitable for framing.
by Aaron Renier
Recent News RSS
- MARCH wins the Walter Award from We Need Diverse Books January 20, 2017
- Jealousy is an art — in James Albon's HER BARK & HER BITE! January 11, 2017
- New CHESTER 5000 from Jess Fink in stores soon! January 11, 2017
- BOX OFFICE POISON returns — in full color! January 11, 2017
- GUMBALLS Launch Party in Portland! January 11, 2017